View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Pokémon GO 

Post Pokémon GO
Hi all! Lately, I have been noticing a lot of people playing the new nintendo game, Pokémon GO. I have played it myself and it is a really fun game to play. DO some of you have the game?

If yes, what level are you and what is your strongest Pokémon? Even more important, what Team are you on?

Kind regards,
Tycho

Attachments:
background-go.jpg
background-go.jpg [ 125.73 KiB | Viewed 12844 times ]

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:43 pm
[APG] Server Admin

Post Re: Pokémon GO
Pokémon GO isn't Pokémon so I can't enjoy it.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:16 am
[APG] Server Admin

Greg wrote:

Why isn't it pokemon Greg?
BTW I don't have the game because Pokemon has never interested me.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:03 am
[APG] Server Admin

sgt-ryan wrote:
Greg wrote:

Why isn't it pokemon Greg?
BTW I don't have the game because Pokemon has never interested me.

^ This and that ^

Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:10 am
[APG] Server Admin

One of the few sane (and aparently aware) Users that isn't playing pokémon Go

44 61 72 6b 6d 65 67 61 20 57 72 6f 74 65 20 54 68 69 73

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:51 am
[APG] Server Admin

It breaks so many conventions of Pokémon that I can't even count them. I get how its meant to be adapted for the real world, but there's so much it could have done properly but it refuses to.

Why did they not implement the traditional battle system, but require more activity from the user? You should still be able to throw the poké ball, but why not ALSO allow wild encounters to be used to train Pokémon? They implemented the type system, and moves but that's only used in gym battles and even that's debatable. It feels like a scheme to get Niatic and Pokémon more money, but Nintendo's trying to step back from it, by not promoting it at all. You could replace the game with another franchise (digimon, yugioh, yokai watch) but it wouldn't get downloaded because the franchise is the redeeming factor. It's quite clear that I like Pokémon (in case the avatar wasn't obvious) but this is so far from Pokémon.

Compare it to Mystery Dungeon: A top down dungeon crawler. What does it have to do with Pokémon? The typical mechanics are the same: Items, status effects, abilities, types, moves etc. It's a Pokémon game from another perspective. Hell, you still have to manage your PP. Now go ask a person who exclusively plays PKMN GO what PP means. If they know what it is, they've played Pokémon before. If they don't (and presumably laugh because let's face it, PP is a terrible term), that's because Pokémon GO has no PP. Most players won't even know that Burn cuts attack by a fraction.

Pokémon GO makes the anime look accurate to the games, and that is the biggest insult considering the sheer amount of errors made in the anime.

Nope, need to rant more

When you say "team" and it's Pokémon related, you'd think of teams like Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Plasma... Y'know... the bad guys? Team Rocket gives a mute kid literally thousands of dollars as a bribe to join and fails. Pokémon GO says "hey what team" and they go to work for nothing. Plus this:

When I saw this, I thought 2 things. 1. WTF. 2, where have I heard a story like this before?

Image Image

Yep, literally as bad as the actual antagonists.

It's also going to impact the main series games due to it's success.

This is the battle frontier from Pokémon Emerald. 5 facilities for expert battlers.

In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl it was reduced to just one, but it was brought back in HeartGold, SoulSilver and Platinum with 4 new reworked facilities. So what is it now?

This tiny house is all that remains of it. The devs said it was because "in the age of emerging mobile phone games, attention spans are shorter" and Pokémon GO's success has sealed the fate of all battle facilities.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:07 am

I would play it but the only compatible device I have for it is my tablet seeing as my phone is a Windows phone, and walking around in public with a tablet is not the most convenient thing in the world...

Also, that was certainly a way to look at it, Greg, but surely you can just see Pokémon GO under a less intense light? It may be a lil bit of a cash in HOWEVER it is designed for all audiences as well as actually getting people outside.... thus while I do agree with your scrutiny it's much better to just take the game in a light hearted way instead; it's just a bit of fun.

"No one misses it more than me. Free to cook anytime, anywhere. No quotas, no one to answer to. What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:38 pm
[APG] Server Admin

Rejacketed wrote:
Also, that was certainly a way to look at it, Greg, but surely you can just see Pokémon GO under a less intense light? It may be a lil bit of a cash in HOWEVER it is designed for all audiences as well as actually getting people outside.... thus while I do agree with your scrutiny it's much better to just take the game in a light hearted way instead; it's just a bit of fun.

It's a personal view but as long as people aren't forcing it in my face, I'm fine with it. I dislike it, they like it, we disagree and we leave it there.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:58 pm
[APG] Administrator

Go team mystic!

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:28 pm
[APG] Server Admin

...While i can't install the app yet because i have a phone with a fucking Intel processor, ironic isn't it? one of the best performing android that can't play this fucking game....

Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next