CoD 4 > CoD 4 Remaster?

Talk about all cod games, downloads, help, news, links and other good things can be found here.

Which CoD 4 is better, original of remaster?

CoD4 (Original)
80%
CoD4R (Remaster)
20%

Total votes: 5

RoboCop
[APG] Administrator

CoD 4 > CoD 4 Remaster?

Post by RoboCop » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Well I don't know if Activision have been aware of some problems from their latest CoD games but they appear to be dismissive on key ideas and important gameplay that will suit our players. We still are hosting 2 CoD4 servers even though CoD4R arrived in November. But it appears CoD4R doesn't have the smooth net and reg hits cos of the low update rate at 10Hz, FPS locked near 91 and poor performance optimisations.

"So why hasn't IW fixed or made the gameplay far better than those old CoD games?" You may ask? Well I don't know but IW did lay off some key employees who worked for CoD4 near 2007. For the networking on newer CoD games and servers, well it depends on the bulky data updates to process more data from the server to the client as CoD4 uses less update data than CoDIW and CoD4R as you maybe knew already.

"But how come CSGO and BF1 performs better?" Well Valve appeared to made a breakthrough on allowing CSGO servers to run at 128 tick rate as most Source Servers, except L4D run on only 66 tick rate because of the newer Source Engine, that was designed for CSGO near 2011 and maybe for the SRCDS 2013 server for SteamPipe. Some older Source Servers hasn't been optimised or boosted its performance for newer PCs as they were compiled on a older system that they didn't know Windows 10 existed back near 2009. Microsoft Visual Studio are dependant for certain games in time where Game Devs use to ensure their games perform well in the future, but will encounter some new latest tech that may effect the gameplay.

So question is has Activision and IW really blown things by making some worst mistakes and only care on producing more and more games than ever but neglected on the gameplay satisfaction and abandoned bugs? Well for all I know...they could be, kinda like EA does mostly nowadays... And having to buy the CoDIW Legacy Version for CoD4 Remaster for £60 is too high!

[APG] Clan Leader - #APG-BattleFortress

sgt-ryan
[APG] Server Admin

Re: CoD 4 > CoD 4 Remaster?

Post by sgt-ryan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:52 pm

CoD 4 remaster is very good don't get me wrong but I think the original back in 07 has more childhood memories for me. But with IW coming out and sticking with the future setting no one wants that. And I hope they have a really good game this year otherwise I am stepping away from the COD series because the recent games have not been as good as the ones back in the day.
The Professional gamer is here :3

Boon
[APG] VIP

Post by Boon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm playing the remaster with friends on the PS4. It's just as good as the original, imo.
Though I kinda hate the skins and the freemium design of it in a game where you had to shell out atleast 20 euro's to get it.

RoboCop
[APG] Administrator

Post by RoboCop » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Well ever heard of "pure" server setting? This means that the server uses only the official models and sprites that matches with the client for anti-cheating purposes, but not for blocking wall hacking and super autoaim as that require a illegal script. There is a reason why SteamCMD and SteamPipe came in 2013 to filter and separate the 3rd Party addons and HD models. Like for CS 1.6 the original and default low quality gfx models goes into /cstrike folder and the unofficial addon models and sprites goes into /cstrike_addon folder. That was because it was easy for players and servers to find the matching models and sprites to avoid too much time to bootup during nextmap or when connecting.

But for the latest CoD bundles they appear to not support much clanservers rental packages except for GameServers.com, like for CoD:BO and CoD:UO - from which you won't get on many other server hosts - maybe cos Activision and GameServers are on a affiliation contract or some sort. And today those new FPS multiplayer games doesn't appear to allow further clanserver support.

All I know is the larger data transfer and update rates for those Ultra HD models and sprites are bottlenecking with the servers and client for CoD:IW and BF1 that causes those lags but won't apply to those Ultra High-Tier Server Machines that contain more than 64GB of RAM and more than 12 Core Processors to power a BF1 64 Slot 60Hz Tickrate server. Which is a big investment for EA and its provider. But for CoD:IW and CoD4R they don't require that many server rig power for around 12-20 slots. However I find it pathetic that their CoD:IW or CoD4R run a very low updaterate at 10Hz and 91FPS.

This could explain those high selling launch prices for BF1 and CoD:IW last year. And this explains why EA and Activision are pushing their games to the limit but also at danger point of overcharging their games not using enough time and effort for customer satisfaction and server regulations.

[APG] Clan Leader - #APG-BattleFortress

Return to “[APG] Call Of Duty”