Overwatch [Battle.net]

Are you going to play Overwatch when it comes out?

Poll ended at Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Yes
54%
No
38%
Maybe
8%

Total votes: 13

TwOne
[APG] Moderator

Overwatch [Battle.net]

Post by TwOne » Sat May 14, 2016 10:27 pm

I got bored last weekend and wanted to play something. I then realised the Overwatch Open Beta was going on so I quickly registered for a Battle.net account and downloaded the game.

I went into it expecting a Team Fortress 2 clone, but was pleasantly surprised.
It's a shooter that, while having a cartoony art style and 21 hero characters, is surprisingly balanced and fun to play out of the box.
Some heroes (or classes w/e) need a small buff or nerf, but the game was surprisingly complete and had great performance in the beta.

The price tag is a little steep though, $40/€40.

Have you played the Overwatch beta? What do you think of the game judging by what you've seen? Will you consider buying it?
If you have questions about the Social Club or Battlelog groups, ask me.
Social Club crew
Battlelog platoon

Greg
[APG] Server Admin

Re: Overwatch

Post by Greg » Sat May 14, 2016 10:34 pm

It's good, but not the game I'd play.

sgt-ryan
[APG] Server Admin

Post by sgt-ryan » Sun May 15, 2016 7:55 am

My school mates got me to download the open beta while it was on and I was instantly hooked to the game and I have now pre purchased it ready to play on May 24th. It is such a great game
The Professional gamer is here :3

Gene2142
[APG] Server Admin

Post by Gene2142 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Maybe *sniff* maybe

The game looks fun, but Im not sure if I want to pay 40€ for it since for now there are no other weapons than those you start with (and some of the characters are just really annoying and those puns ach.)
pish posh

TwOne
[APG] Moderator

Post by TwOne » Mon May 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Gene2142 wrote:Maybe *sniff* maybe

The game looks fun, but Im not sure if I want to pay 40€ for it since for now there are no other weapons than those you start with (and some of the characters are just really annoying and those puns ach.)
I know. The price tag is steep for what content there is at the beginning. When TF2 launched it only had less characters, but it costed half of what Overwatch costs now. I have to say, game is pretty balanced. There are only two annoying characters, Bastion and Mei. Both can be countered if you know what you're doing, but Bastion keeps stealing the show at the end of the game because he deals so much damage. Support is fun to play, and you've got multiple healers. Lúcio is in my opinion the perfect Battle Medic/Scout hero.

Also, I don't think the game needs more weapons. Maybe a couple of more characters will do. More weapons will probably ruin the game's balance. It's pretty well balanced right now, every character has their counters.

I love the game and for free it would be an amazing game! There are microtransactions but only for skins and other stuff to customize your character with.

I also agree with the characters. My favourite character to play is D.Va, but her voice lines are just so cringeworthy! Who even says GL HF in real life...
Social Club crew
Battlelog platoon

Kodiak
[APG] Member

Re: Overwatch [Battle.net]

Post by Kodiak » Mon May 16, 2016 5:45 pm

yes
op wisdom: "Don't throw medieval shields at your neighbour's car."
Image Image Image Image

sgt-ryan
[APG] Server Admin

Post by sgt-ryan » Mon May 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Gene2142 wrote:Maybe *sniff* maybe

In the UK it costs £30 for the standard edition and £45 for the origin edition which gives you extra stuff in OW and other Blizzard titles. But I think £30 for standard is not too bad.
The Professional gamer is here :3

Darkmega
[APG] Server Admin

Post by Darkmega » Tue May 17, 2016 2:29 pm

my PC is too weak for overwatch for sure. so no
The Mystery Behind Darkmega is Just That. and yes, this is a signature. i don't care.

44 61 72 6b 6d 65 67 61 20 57 72 6f 74 65 20 54 68 69 73

TwOne
[APG] Moderator

Post by TwOne » Tue May 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Sans wrote:my PC is too weak for overwatch for sure. so no
What are your PC's specifications? The requirements are actually quite forgiving for today's standards.
Social Club crew
Battlelog platoon

Rejacketed

Post by Rejacketed » Fri May 20, 2016 9:22 pm

I absolutely loved the beta. It's been a long while since i've been genuinely 'hyped' for a game but for me overwatch certainly brings it all back.

Unfortunately I won't be preordering or buying it till the end of exams because I have no time for it :lol:

Update: I got it! Read my later on post.
Last edited by Rejacketed on Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum moderator for [APG] Call Of Duty, [APG] Clan Introductions, [APG] The Garage & [APG] Recruit Votes

"No one misses it more than me. Free to cook anytime, anywhere. No quotas, no one to answer to. What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Return to “[APG] Overwatch”